Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:23:35 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mlucas@gltg.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: weird daily run output -- solved

Well, I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I believe it's not
a security issue.

I just installed a second machine, identical to the first.  Lo and
behold, /var/run/dmesg.boot has a bunch of the same garbage in it.
Since this appeared before I plugged in the Ethernet cable, I believe
I'm fairly safe in saying this isn't a security break.

I want to thank you all for your help.  It's probably, as one person
whose name completely escapes me now suggested, the memory not
clearing entirely on shutdown.

Sigh.  If only boxes came with a big red light that said "YOU HAVE
BEEN 0WN3D".

==ml

--
Michael Lucas				| for assistance, email
Internal Support			| support@gltg.com or call