Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:01:39 -0500
From:      Bigwillie <mvanberk@optonline.net>
To:        "Portwood, Jason" <JPortwood@strategicit.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: moving to another drive

In my experimentation, I accidently erased some files, and now a whole
bunch of man pages are missing, and errors are popping up in startup.  So
Im currently reinstalling from scratch.  I am saving my custom files (that
I can remember) on another disk.  So in the end, it was a little more
painful that I would have liked but Ill be alright.
Thanks for the info
trini0

At 07:54 PM 11/16/00 , you wrote:

> > Hey all.  I tried looking through the archive and didn't find any
> > solutions.  Im trying to move my current setup of FBSD 4.1.1 S to another
> > harddrive.  I tried following instructions on
> > www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd but no success.  How does one move from
> > FBSD from one HD to another.
>
>I think the instructions missed something.
>
>Have you made the drive bootable?  I find that something that when you set
>the drives
>up with sysinstall it just doesn't do it right...  Save on the installs...
>
>To make the drive bootable just.
>
>disklabel -B da0
>
>man disklabel for more info.  Of course change the da0 to your proper disk.
>
>Let me know if that helps.  That's my first thought.  Otherwise I can write
>out the
>whole procedure I go through (done it 3-4 times now without a problem).
>
>Jason Portwood  (jason@iac.net)
>Internet Systems Administrator
>Strategic / Internet Access Cincinnati
>Sales & Tech Support 513-860-9052