Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 23:54:57 +1000
From:      lcru <lcruz@technologist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, lcruz@technologist.com
Subject:   Video and Sound Card on Intel Machine

Hello,

I am definitely a zero when it comes to FreeBSD. I am thinking of
installing it on my PC.

My problem are the following.

1. My video card is Riva TNT2 chip from nvidia. Their XSVGA server runs
well on Linux and it is installed on my machine. This is a Xfree86
implementation. What do I do or should watch out if I install FreeBSD
with this video card. Can I just simply run their install script? or
install it? Parts of it is in RPM , parts in tar.gz format.

2. I have a source for the driver of my sound card CMI8338 for Linux.
Should I just simply compile it in FreeBSD?

TIA for your clarifications,

Lito