Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:36:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Lee Johnston <ljohnston@cyberworld.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Todd Backman <tbackman@corp.gulf.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web-based email

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Lee Johnston wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a good/cheap (I know.) web based email package for
> > apache?
>
> I'm currently in the progress of making one, using MHonArc + Perl 5.
>
> Should be available in a couple of weeks.

I could definately use this. :-) I've been using a heavily hacked Perl
script called WWWMail which uses POP and SMTP to do its work. Rather
inefficient, but it was meant to be universal.  The machine I'm using the
script on is also rather slow, but I know there is a way to speed up
access to Perl scripts with some kind of module in Apache (FastCGI?). I
have no idea how to set that up, and understand that the script itself
must support it (will yours?).  Thanks. :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */