Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:42:45 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.5-stable ?

> Traditionally, the best time to get on a FreeBSD branch has been when
> it hits *.5.  Is this still true with 3.x?

I guess you'll find out when we hit 3.5, won't you? :) This isn't
actually as flip an answer as it sounds, either.  There's simply no
way of predicting the future with any accuracy where FreeBSD is
concerned, even on the -stable branch, and that's just what you get
for being part of what's really "a movement" as much as it is an
OS. :)

> Current gossip, rumor, and innuendo hints that 4.0-release will be
> coming out early next year.  With a release every 3 months, that means
> that 3.5-stable will be coming out about next April, about the same time.

Current gossip and rumor may be outdated Real Soon Now.  Watch this
space for updated rumors over the next few months.

- Jordan