Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:17:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Sverre Valgeirsson <e96sv@efd.lth.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd and .cue

Sverre Valgeirsson <e96sv@efd.lth.se> types:
> Hi.
> Can i somehow write .cue/.bin images to a CD with burncd?
> I've tried by just doing
> # burncd -s 4 -f /dev/acd0c data file.bin fixate
> (the .cue file said that it was mode1).
> This didn't work, complained about "/kernel: acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=24 ascq=00 error=04" and only finished to 95%.
> In Nero on Windows, this worked well though, with the same type of CD.

Since nobody else answered, I'll take a crack at it based on what I
know about .cue files from cdrdao.

If I understand things correctly, .cue file is a table of contents
describing the tracks in the .bin file. If your .bin file consists of
a single track, burning it with burncd as you describe should work. If
it's multiple tracks - well, that could explain the problem you're
seeing.

At some point, the ATA drivers may be hooked up so you can use cdrdao
on FreeBSD. For now, burning a cd with an IDE burner in DAO mode on
FreeBSD involves writing the code to support that.

	<mike
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for more information.