Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:01:59 -0500
From:      Michael Johnson <michael@emjay.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why so many?

So I decided to go for it...I got a laptop, never booted it into
Windows so I don't pay my M$ tax, downloaded the 4 CDs worth of stuff,
burned the CDs, and booted the laptop from the first CD.  I dodged the
Windows bullet.  Whew!

Now, I have the install CD #1, and three other coasters.  I never was
prompted to use the other three CDs.  What are they for and if it's
cool stuff, how do I get it off there onto my fresh clean install of
FreeBSD 4.7?

I already tried the SGI syntax I'm used to and did 'mount CDROM' to no
avail.  Then 'mount cdrom' and still nothing.  Is there an automount
like in IRIX or OSX/Darwin?

-Michael

-------
   _
  /~\     The ASCII
  \ /   Ribbon Campaign
   X      Help Cure      Q:Because it reverses the logical flow of
conversation.
  / \    HTML Email      A:Why is top posting frowned upon?