Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:33:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        Macuser <Macuser@psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE:I've erased my entire hard drive!

Macuser writes:
 > I bought the free BSD software from you and I botched the job.  I erased
 > the entire hard drive.  I have a laptop with a 5-Gig harddrive and
 > 192-Meg RAM-Is this enough space for your operating system plus Windows
 > 98 plus several intensive software packages?   Could you specify what
 > optimal partitioning should be adopted?  What should I include or
 > exclude from an installment of BSD?  Where did I go wrong when I erased
 > the contents of the drive?  I will probably ask more questions later?
 > Regards Stuart Miller.  Please respond to sdm157@psu.edu.

Hmmmm..... Calm down and try to give us a little more
information.  There is plenty of room on your laptop for what you
want to do.

Could you, hopefully broken up into reasonable sentences and
paragraphs, describe the EXACT steps that you went through that
led you to believe that you erased your hard disk?

You DID repartition (using fips or Partition Magic, e.g) your
drive to leave room for both Windows 98 and FreeBSD both, right?

Did you read the instructions before you tried the install?

M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790