Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:35:44 +0300
From:      "Nickolay Kritsky" <Nickolay.Kritsky@astra-sw.com>
To:        "mc" <mc@netx.com.hk>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: multiple uplinks from ISP

Why can't you use dst-ip hashing? You are using /24 network for your =
client machines, no? If FEC uses IP addresses for hashing that you are =
ok. If it uses MAC addresses for hashing, you need to test something =
else.
Regarding your initial post here is my proposal:

fxp0: 1.2.3.1/30
fxp1: 1.2.3.5/30
em0: 10.123.123.102/24

Your ISP gives you 2 more /30 nets for your uplinks
You should have two default gateways on fxp0 and fxp1 (1.2.3.2 and =
1.2.3.6 respectively)
ISP AS should have two routes to your network with the same weight.

Problem: FreeBSD natively does not support two different routes to the =
same destination. AFAIK this is by design.
Solution: It can be solved using custom patch (I think I have seen such =
for 4.x systems) or using external routing daemon like quagga.

Nick