Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:23:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      FreeBSD Development <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        John Kelly <mouth@ibm.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Subject:   Re: Sharing interrupts

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, John Kelly wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:38:32 -0700 (MST), Terry Lambert  wrote:
>
> > You can not share interrupts with ISA cards.  Period.

You can share interrupts, but not use both SIMULTANEOUSLY. A very good
example would be to have LPT1: and a sound card on IRQ7 (both ISA). As
long as they have unique base addresses (0x378h and 0x220 for instance),
both devices can coexist. You just can't use them at the same time
without conflicting. Sharing IRQs is definitely not recommend, but I believe
your statement may require a bit more qualifying.

Kevin