Date:      Sat, 07 Mar 1998 12:36:21 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
Cc:        danny <dannyman@arh0300.urh.uiuc.edu>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP and Compuserve

You may want to upgrade from http://www.FreeBSD.org/~brian.

> ppp ON sylmex > dial provider
> Dial attempt 1 of 10
> Phone: (0845) 0800 1000
> dial OK!
> login failed

You need chat logging.  With the latest version, you can `set log
local chat'.

> ppp ON sylmex > Packet mode.
> ppp ON sylmex > close
> ppp ON sylmex > quit all
>
> There are some pequliarities with Compuserve in that
> the login is 2 numerics seperated by a comma and the
> password must have a special character in it somewhere
> and in my case this is 2 words seperated by a 'space'
> I don't know what 'ppp' will do about this !!

Either quote the string (you have to escape the quotes - see the
latest man page) or use the `\s' sequence (again, see the latest
man page).

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;