Date:      Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:12:14 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using isdnd as incoming call logger

Christoph Kukulies writes:
> I've read that at least Gary, maybe others, are using i4b (isdnd) as
> a logger of incoming phone calls.
>
> Anyone having a config file for this?

The way in which I use it is rather primitive. First start isdnd so that
it produces enough debug output, e.g.:

/usr/sbin/isdnd  -d0xf9 -f -r /dev/ttyv6 -t cons25 -l -L /var/log/isdnd.log

Note: there are probably knobs in /etc/rc.conf to set all these flags,
but I start isdnd either using a shell script or a bash alias.

Then I just ``tail -F /var/log/isdnd.log'' in an xterm. isdnd emits
a message for every incoming call.

There's also an option which can be set in /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc to
convert phone numbers into e.g. the caller's name, but I don't use
it.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de