Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:55:34 +1000
From:      "Steve Monkhouse" <stevem@protek.net.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   apache13+mod_ssl portupgrade problem..

Hi guys..=20

Ive been pulling my hair out for the last couple of hours over this to =
no
avail...=20

FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8
P4 2.8
512mb RAM

I 'had' a working apache13+modssl installation along with mod_perl.
Everything was working perfectly until I decided yesterday to =
portupgrade
the machine.

I started off with perl being portupgraded via  'portupgrade -rR perl'

Then I did the php modules via portupgrade php-*=20

And anything else that I missed then got done as well..=20

Everything now shows that its up-to-date eg..=20

apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.24_1      =3D   up-to-date with port

however whenever I try to start apache with apachectl startssl it gives =
:

/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

but does not start.. nothing at all appears in the logs (error or =
access)
even with debug enabled.. the only message that appears is in messages

Sep 22 17:44:23 server kernel: pid 77689 (httpd), uid 0: exited on =
signal 11
(core dumped)

Ive searched high and low for a solution, but to no avail..=20

Ive deinstalled and reinstalled, deinstalled / install distclean etc etc =
but
no diff..=20

The sad thing is that this was working perfectly yesterday albeit with
versions that haven't been updated for 2 months..=20

What have I done wrong ? and how do I go about rectifying it ??=20

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.. as my web server is still down =
at
the moment..=20

Thanks in advance
Steve