Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:20:43 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_tag and pf?

--nextPart10898112.fNvRqWvoaO

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 19:25, Bill Marquette wrote:
> Is it possible to use ng_tag in conjunction with pf?  I have a setup
> in OpenBSD currently where I use the bridge interface to apply a tag
> to a packet based on the mac address so that when pf gets the packet
> it can apply a reply-to rule to it to keep traffic flows symmetric
> (the upstream device(s) also keep state, so the reply path has to be
> the same).  I'm looking to duplicate this in FreeBSD with pf and I
> think ng_tag and maybe ng_bpf can make this happen, but I'm at a bit
> of a loss as to how at this point.  Any pointers or at least a "yes
> it's absolutely possible, figure it out and let us know the exact
> config" answer would be very much appreciated.  Thanks

Not at the moment.  I put out a project idea to integrate pf with netgraph=
=20
some while ago (as I don't have time to code it myself).  There were two=20
applications for the Google Summer of Code program to implement this, but=20
neither were selected.  However, another student who did apply for SoC as=20
well and was (slightly) outranked with his original proposal is now=20
pursueing this idea.  He plans to work within similar bounds as the other=20
SoC-students.

To sum this up, stay tuned from something to happen.  Ideas, feedback and=20
feature requests are certainly welcome.

=2D-=20