Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:49:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Gold Fish <gfish@uniqsite.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C575 PCMCIA Card

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Gold Fish wrote:

# > This card won't work at present.  It is a CardBus (32-bit PCMCIA)
# > card and FreeBSD doesn't (yet) have a driver for it.
# >
# > -steve
#
# What about PAO?  Does PAO support this card?

I hear it might.  There are some patches floating around that
some have reported to work with this card.  What I was trying
to save above is that no standard, unpatched version of FreeBSD
has support for this card.  And since you asked if this "card
was supported", the answer is no with a twist.  If you want to
patch your kernel and help debug a work-in-progress, then by
all means please do.  Since you say that you've been following
the mobile list for awhile you have undoubtly seen the patch.
So if you feel up to it, grab the patch and try it out.  If you
don't want to do this, then the answer is still "FreeBSD doesn't
(yet) have a driver for this card". :)

# I've been following mobile list but gets more confused.  For example, you
# said it's not support but another person (I think he is the PAO people)
# said a patch to 2.8 would fix it?
#
# I am on 3.1 now but I will downgrade it to 2.8 if necessary.

Actually I think the patch floating around works on 3.1 too, so
downgrading may not be necessary.

-steve