Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:50:18 -0800
From:      "Michael K. Smith - Adhost" <mksmith@adhost.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bandwidth Throttling under FreeBSD 6.x ...

Hello Mark:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Marc G.
Fournier
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 10:28 AM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Bandwidth Throttling under FreeBSD 6.x ...

Finding alot of ancient stuff on Google, but they all seem to revolve
around=20
ipfw, which I believe isn't so heavily recommended anymore?

Can someone point me to a doc that talks about bandwidth throttling
using, I'm=20
guessing, pf, is the current?  Under FreeBSD 6.x?

Basically, what I want to do is leave everything open, but throttle one=20
specific IP ...

Thanks ...

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
(http://www.hub.org)
Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN .
scrappy@hub.org

I think this is what you're looking for.  Specifically, using ALTQ in
conjunction with PF.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-pf.h
tml

Regards,