Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:15:11 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   How to configure easily a remote printer?

Hi,

I'm very new to FreeBSD, coming from years of Linux experience.

In Linux the printer setup is so easy done using the printtool
or kups (interface to cups) scripts. A few click with the mouse
and the remote printer is connected and operational.

Is there an easy-to-use interface around in FreeBSD that does
all the setup for me, like the printtool/kups in Linux?

I have cups installed, but that doesn't seem to come with an
easy interface.

When I read the handbook of FreeBSD on this issue, I can't
believe how much I have to know about the tweeking and
settings of all the system files.
How much memory to share, whether the computer at the other
side does this or that and so on (i.e. manually editing the
/etc/printcap or /usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf !?!?!).

(BTW: I need to connect to a W98 box with an HP printer).

Thanks for help,

Rob.