Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:37:37 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        "'Swanson, Toby J.'" <tjswanson@tva.gov>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'toby@milkyway.org'" <toby@milkyway.org>
Subject:   RE: how to make a fixit floppy

	[ML]  Take boot, root, and fixit floppies from any later
release.
	Boot and go into fixit mode.
	Mount the / of the hard disk as /mnt.
	edit /etc/ttys (or is it ttytab?) and set vt0-vt3 to secure (if
they are insecure).
	reboot.
	supply -s as a boot flag to the hard disk boot loader.
	you are now in standalone mode and should not be asked for the
root password (if you are, repeat the edit sequence and choose the other
option--sorry, I only have an NT box in front of me).
	mount /usr
	passwd root

	there you go.

	/Marino