Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 16:54:40 +0300
From:      Juho Vuori <juho.vuori@kepa.fi>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Finding out names of mountable devices

Tried on freebsd-questions without an answer. I suppose this is not
doable, but I'll ask here anyway.

If I plug in e.g. a USB thumb drive, which becomes, say, umass0.
Normally something like /dev/da0 will also be created and slices of that
device may be mounted. But is there a API for finding out what is the
corresponding block device for umass devices? The device driver writes
that to syslog, but reading logs for something like that is quite clumsy.

Juho Vuori