Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:48:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux

Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com> types:
> > and almost every serious company has Linux version of its product (?).
> While not entirely untrue, this is a huge generalization.  How many
> companies actually develop Linux versions ?  You can point to the big names,
> but in the end you can't say every "serious" company.  There are thousands
> and thousands of software companies and I'm sure they wouldn't appriciate
> people saying they weren't serious.

Yeah - how can you claim that the worlds largest software company
isn't serious? They produce versions of some of their products for
Solaris/SPARC, but not for Linux or Solaris/x86.

That Linux and Solaris/x86 are in direct competition with their main
product has nothing to do with how serious they are.

	<mike