Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:33:00 -0000
From:      "Christopher Raven" <gurab@lineone.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        <rpotts@med.osd.mil>
Subject:   Re: 3C509 card ok

>You really just wanted -questions for this one.

yep, sorry.

>> 1. I have a Micronics Twister baby AT motherboard does anyone know
of
>> a way to detect 3C509 with this m/board please.

>The motherboard isn't likely to figure significantly in the equation
>here, although the BIOS might.  To get a 509 working, you need to
turn
>off PnP with the DOS configuration program.  There are also some
>conflicts with other PnP cards even then; you may want to shuffle
back
>and forth until you isolate the problem.

Ok, I booted using MSDOS 6.22 floppy, ran 3COM's card configuration
program and set card to address 300 & IRQ 10 which is FreeBSD default
I saw. I also disabled card PnP.

Config. program reported 300 in use by other hardware.

I rebooted and attempted to detect using FreeBSD boot floppy but still
no joy. Changed address to 310 and still nothing - but card checks out
ok with config program and registers at the hub while testing. Also,
BIOS have assigned all IRQ's to PnP so I tried assigning IRQ 10 to
EISA/ISA, didn't work then either.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong here?

TIA

Chris R.