Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:56:23 +0200
From:      "Marc Schneiders" <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   why can't i mail to this list?

I know this is a sendmail question, but as it is generated by me not being
able to mail to freebsd.org, while the rest of the world does accept my
messages, I post it here anyway, and using Outlook, for I think that might
still work.

I have sendmail configured with the "masquearde as" well as the masquerade
envelope options. I masquerade as "oldserver.demon.nl", which is a fully
qualified domain name.

Since I have changed my sendmail config (earlier I used the option in Pine
to masquerade), my messages to freebsd.org are deferred. I get warnings
about this from the mailder-daemon. The "Delivery status" says:

Remote-MTA: DNS; hub.freebsd.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 450 <propro.oldserver.demon.nl>: Host not found

I studied the sendmail stuff last week. As far as I can remember there are
no
other options, but I can be mistaken, of course. I also looked through the
archives of this list, as I had a vague recollection someone else asked
about
this earlier this month, but I cannot find it.

For the record: a message posted in reply to a query on the list dies
arrives in
the mailbox of the person who asked (I know because a reply to it pops up in
the list), the cc does not get to the list...

What do I overlook?

TIA!

Marc Schneiders
marc@venster.nl