Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:01:03 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Broken ports

[ This should be in -ports, not -stable.  I've moved it. ]

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 12:48:13PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	xgrab ws marked as broken, ecause of needing to run xrdb. Huh, what;s
> 	wrong with runing xrdb? Is anyone aware of a screen printign program
> 	that works from the ports colection other than this one?

You can only run xrdb if you're running X.  The port's Makefile
contains:

.if !defined(DISPLAY)
BROKEN=         requires X session to run xrdb
.endif

That is, it's only broken if you're not running X.  Therefore, you should
build it from inside X.

> 	How can I overide the "broken" flag, and try to build xscrabble?

Just remove or commment out the "BROKEN" line in the Makefile.

Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey