Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 23:36:43 -0700
From:      vayu <vayu@sklinks.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        James Earl <james@icionline.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Mac experiences

On May 25, 2006, at 9:13 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> James, you missed the point.  If you have an Intel MAC it came
> with MacOS X (tiger) and that is basically the same operating
> system as FreeBSD.  Meaning, what are you trying to gain?  If
> anything, your worse off with FreeBSD since MacOS X comes with
> a gorgeous user interface that FreeBSD does not have.
>
> Ted

I can understand the desire.  OS X does have a polished and beautiful
desktop environment, but it is not FreeBSD.  If money were no object
for me, I would want a Macbook Pro with a triple boot of OS X, Win XP
and FreeBSD.

Back to the original topic: James, I'm curious that you had any
results booting with any BSD or Linux.  The Intel Macs have no BIOS,
I have read of hacks that got Linux (and Windows before Apple offered
it) to work, but it didn't seem straight forward based on the
accounts I read.