Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:33:45 +0100
From:      "stephane antoine" <stephane.antoine@kcl.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   question Internet browser in gnome for freeBSD4.2

As I have install GNOME + Enlightment (Gnome + Ewindow manager) instead of
KDE as my destop environment, I would like to know
how would I install an Internet browser?
By default, I have on my desktop the icon of
"netscape browser" but, by clicking on it, no window appears.

I have in the program menu the folowing:
Programm>Internet>Internet(empty)

And also it seems that I don't have many other gnome applications
for example the "help" is not available/installed, the utility to set up
the network interfaces....

I seemed that I installed succesfully all the packages related to GNOME +
enlightment
in my FreeBSD 4.2 CD as I was not prompted for any error.

My network is working properly, I just prefer the GNOME environment.

Should I install the GNome packages from a ftp server, which one? are
the instructions "how to install it" provided.

Sorry I am new in freeBSD,

Thanks for your help,

Stephane