Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:52:32 -0700
From:      "Randy Grafton" <rgrafton@indatacorp.com>
To:        "'Stanley Chan'" <stan@cyberec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: redirect port

Stanley,

If you are using natd and have recompiled your kernel with the =
appropriate
options then this should work for you.
These are entries to your /etc/rc.conf, (just a starting point, you can =
fine
tune to your needs):
gateway_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_type=3D"OPEN"
firewall_quiet=3D"YES"
firewall_logging=3D"YES"
natd_enable=3D"YES"
natd_interface=3D"fxp0"
natd_flags=3D"-f /etc/natd.conf"

In the above statement natd_interface=3D"fxp0", fxp0 is the outside nic =
of
your system.
Next put these statements in your /etc/natd.conf file as referenced =
above,
(natd.conf doesn't exist by default, you'll create it):
same_ports	yes
dynamic	yes
redirect_port tcp inside_address:port outside_address:port
redirect_port udp inside_address:port outside_address:port

As shown above, don't forget to redirect udp traffic if the service =
you're
trying to facilitate needs it. Also know that the ports for the inside =
and
the outside don't have to match. For example, my service provider blocks
http/port 80 traffic coming in to my connection so my statement in the
natd.conf file would be something like:
redirect_port 192.168.1.10:80 outside_address:8080

By doing so outside connectivity attempts to my isp assigned address =
have to
be stated as: http://outside_address:8080.

FYI if you ever want to host gaming sessions on an inside system like
Counter strike or Unreal Tournament, then put a couple of lines like =
these
in your natd.conf file, (these examples are ones that I used so that my
buddies and I could blast away in Unreal Tournament):

redirect_port tcp inside_address:7777-7781 outside_address:7777-7781
redirect_port udp inside_address:7777-7781 outside_address:7777-7781

As you make these changes you can apply them without restarting by =
running
/etc/netstart.

Hope that helps.

-Randy