Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:32:17 +0200
From:      "Malan Joubert" <malan_joubert@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Make fails on AMD 550

I am trying to compile my kernel on a:
*AMD-k6-2 @ 550Mhz
*200mb ram
*20Gig HD
*Running FreeBSD 4.3 release

And it refuses to make, I can config and make depend but the make fails with
an error from gcc (error varies). I have however managed to copy the
config'ed kernel files and make them on my p166 also running the exact same
version of FreeBSD

I have had the same problem in the past on the same PC and it caused my to
got straight back to Windowz :( but now I'm more clueed up and hoping that
someone can help me.

I while back someone told me that it might work if I typed:
config
../../KernelName
make NO_MODULES=yes depend
make NO_MODULES=yes
make install

Is that the right way to tell it to use no modules? He got it to work on the
PC (Back then I really had no clue as to what was happening with FreeBSD)
but now it doesn't seem to fix the problem...

I have the same problem when trying to compile other apps (eg gtk libs for
use of xmms) wich once more work on the p166...

Anyone got any ideas???

Bye + thanks
Malan Joubert