Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 11:27:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reading a web server log file

I don't know what you are trying to do with the log file, but if you are
trying to view your hits and from where, then someone has already done it
for you.

I found that a little perl script called "Accesswatch" with parse the
logfile and tell you what your visitors saw, where they came from, which
browser they were using, and it guesses hoe many hits you *should* get on
how many hits you've gotten so far.

You can find accesswatch at http://www.accesswatch.com

Chris

ps- I am in no way affiliated with accesswatch

--

Chris Martino
chrismar@readington.com