Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 1996 12:08:34 +0200 (EET)
From:      Seppo Kallio  <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Risk of having bpf0? (was URGENT: Packet sniffer found on my system)

We have some shell users, look at

http://www/~kallio/atk/loadcurves/gif/uall-long.jpg

There is the total number of simultaneous users at 14 o'clock daily at
nodes silmu.cc.jyu.fi, itu.cc.jyu.fi, kanto.cc.jyu.fi, tukki.cc.jyu.fi,
tarzan.math.jyu.fi and voimax.voima.jkl.fi

itu, silmu run FreeBSD 2.1.5, kanto, tukki run Solaris, voimax run Linux
RedHat 3.0.3

(voimax has heavy load but few shell users)

On x-axis there is day number (day 0 = 1.1.1996). At day 300 we had about
350 users at 14 o'clock. day 300 is somewhere in October 1996.

Daily user count of FreeBSD nodes is in
http://www/~kallio/atk/loadcurves/gif/users2.jpg

Page http://www/~kallio/atk/loadcurves/load.html has pointers to all gifs
I am collecting (base is rsh host uptime + some C code + gnuplot).

There is some differeces between OSes in user count number of uptime

Seppo