Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 09:25:35 -0500
From:      "Chad Meyer" <chad@ic-2000.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   User process PPP stops working

I am using the most current version of User Process PPP on a FreeBSD 2.2.5
system with the -ddial and -alias options to dial my ISP.  My system
randomly stops sending data out the link.  The modem connection stays up,
but PPP never recovers.  I need to kill PPP and restart in order to restore
Internet connectivity.

This problem occurs most often when I'm using the connection, but it has
happened when the connection was not in use.

Here is my connect script:

pmdemand:
 set phone 6317980
 set login "TIMEOUT 20 Login: MY USERNAME Password: MY PASSWORD"
 set timeout 0
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

The routing tables do not change when the problem occurs.