Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:21:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        "Tetsuji \"Maverick\" Rai" <maverick31337@vfemail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot use cvsup with 5.3-release

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai wrote:

> I want to keep my ports up to date. in 5.3-release (i386)
>
> So I copied a sample ports-supfile and edit as follows (just changed
> my host)
>
> However I got this message and I cannot figure out what "Release"
> means.   In
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-CONFIG-VERS
> Release is defined as "cvs."
>
> ====
> su-3.00# cvsup -g -L 2  ports-suprile
> Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
> Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup.jp.FreeBSD.org"
> ====
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Sorry about that last one. Anyways, your ports-supfile should have nothing
more then this:

*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix ports-all

I seen you had something that relates to src. Take that out.

Best regards,
Chris

To know yourself is the ultimate form of aggression.