Date:      Sun, 03 Sep 2000 10:16:55 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing network performance

From uname -a:

4.1-RC #0: Mon Jul 17

Cable from hub to FreeBSD is a few feet long (2 or 3). Other cables are
longer. For dealing with collisions, I've also seen it just go through
collisions as if they were nothing, but that's mostly the exception when
transfering a lot of stuff. The hub is a Linksys 5 port 10 Mb/s only. Had
a 3Com but it didn't have enough ports.

Cable from hub to FreeBSD may need changing though, but the connection
is always alive...