Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:14:57 -0500
From:      "Jean-Paul Natola" <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SYMLINK

You create this link (presuming all dirs exist).
  'ln -s /some/other/dir/goodstuff /stuff'

Then do 'cd /stuff' =20
...textfile

You can use any text editor you like if vi is not to your taste=20
(though you should at least learn how to use vi since it is so =
omnipresent
 in the UNIX world)

>=20
> And Yes I am  a newbie in the BSD / open source world.
>=20

Welcome to FreeBSD.
It will take some learning, but be worth it, even in the
short run.

////jerry

I'm pretty comfortable with ee  , it *seems* easier to me-

But I will dabble with vi,  I do however, remember  when I took a free
elective back in '99 (unix system V) we played with vi