Date:      16 Feb 1997 18:19:21 +0100
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can I initialize lptx from user space?

Ave Hackers!

I hope this isn't the wrong forum for this; I'm no kernel hacker.  If
this is inappropriate, let me know.

I'd like to drive a lighting control system from the parallel port,
preferably using the standard lpt driver.

Question: Can I initialize the lpt device, i.e. pulse the -INIT
          output pin from user space (without having to change the
          driver)?

This seems to be what the driver does on startup anyway, I'm just
wondering if there's a way to reinvoke it later.

If anyone could help, I'd much appreciate it.  Please reply to me
directly; I'm not on the hackers list.

Cheers =8-} Mike