Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   mkisofs|burncd AND fitting a cd-r exactly

RE: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html#MKISOFS

Last two questions of the day (always learning wondrous things here)!!

[1] I'm looking for one big command line to do a `mkisofs -o -
/path/to/some/directory/ | burncd -f /dev/acd1c -` etc etc all in one shot,
rather than making the ISO (-allowlowercase or whatever too) in RAM, then
burning that to a CD-R.  Can someone share their aliases or scripts with us?

[2] I'm also wondering what experiences you have all had with actually
doing it in two steps.  More specifically, are there ways to fit directory
trees more less almost exactly?  I'm thinking of tarring and gzipping the
highest directory first, then using mkisofs on that one big file (to
transparently mount from cdrom later possibly).  Will this work out?

Thanks for your service, I'm "burning" for answers (lol),

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder