Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:29:14 -0700
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        <Cafetyme@aol.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: smp

> I have 650 duel processor 256 mb,  My computer keeps rebooting on its own
and
> shows that I have lost chains , or sometimes its blank . Someone told me I
> needed to replace my SMP , can you please tell me where is the SMP is in
my
> computer , and how to fix this problem? Sometimes it just keeps rebooting
> without saying I have lost chains. Its a pentium111
>
> Alexandra

You have a dual pentium III 650 with 256megs ram ?  This world is an unfair
place.

You actually have two SMPs in your computer.  Open your computer, and remove
them, they are big black cartriges that say Pentium III.  Take them out.
They are probably overheated, so put them in the freezer for about 24 hours,
and then put them outside before sunrise the next day.  The mourning dew
will integrate into the SMP and I guarantee your SMP will never overheat
again.  If this doesn't work, your may have dirty contacts on your SMPs, so
take some rubbing alcohol or hydrogren peroxide or ammonia, remove the black
plastic cover that's around the SMP, and wipe it down with some sort of
solvent.  This should fix your SMP issues.  If you need any futher help,
feel free to contact me.

Here's my number:
202-456-1414

Ask for Bill if one of the secretaries answers the phone.