Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 18:59:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        humphery@joshua.itglobal.com (Phil Humpherys)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: named

Phil Humpherys wrote...
> Where should I go to learn about named?  I have a bsd machine that I
> need to make into a name server, and I don't have a clue where to
> start.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Phil Humpherys                                 Email: philh@itglobal.com
> Senior Systems Administrator, Webmaster
> International Trade Group, Inc.                    Fax:   (801) 229-2975
> 1206 South 1680 West                               Phone: (801) 229-2950
> Orem, Utah  84058                            http://joshua.itglobal.com/

Either Nemeth (et al) 'UNIX System Administration Handbook' (2nd Edition,
Prentice Hall) or Hunt 'TCP/IP Network Administration' (O'Reilly).

Both have sections dedicated to BIND and named, Nemeth is a pretty
essential book for many other reasons.

John
--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key