Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:37:01 -0500
From:      Andrew Partan <asp@partan.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 10:18:55PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> That disclaimer also does not explain why the web page itself
> THINKS that it has a section on mergemaster, but it has no
> such section.

There is a brief mention of mergemaster in section 18.4.7, 2nd para:
	The simplest way to update these files is to use mergemaster(8),
	though it is possible to do it manually if you would prefer
	to do that.  We strongly recommend you use mergemaster(8),
	however, and if you do then you can skip forward to the
	next section, since mergemaster(8) is very simple to use.
	You should read the manual page first, and make a backup
	of /etc in case anything goes wrong.

	--asp@partan.com (Andrew Partan)