Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:43:19 +0200
From:      Andres <dae@via.ecp.fr>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xmms

Jakob Alvermark wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm running 3.2-RELEASE and I've managed to compile and run xmms (formerly
> x11amp). Everything work fine, I'm very happy with, even then irman plugin
> works.

sorry to bother you a bit more with this, but i've got another question.
does it work flawlessly? i removed linuxthreads on my system, then
recompiled every related thing, then tried it (xmms compiled without a
glitch, btw).
and it plays mp3 quite fine, but the graphical part (another thread)
doesn't seem very responsive. it takes sometimes a few seconds until it
gets updated or until it responds to one of my commands.
so another question here: do you see the same behavior? if not, are you
using thread safe Xlibs ?

thanks,

--
Andres.
"For every idiot proof system devised, a new improved idiot will arise."