Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:58:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Cafetyme@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smp

> I have 650 duel processor 256 mb,  My computer keeps rebooting on its own and
> shows that I have lost chains , or sometimes its blank . Someone told me I
> needed to replace my SMP , can you please tell me where is the SMP is in my
> computer , and how to fix this problem? Sometimes it just keeps rebooting
> without saying I have lost chains. Its a pentium111

	This is a FreeBSD mailing list. SMP is multiple processors. If
you've got lost chains, that means you're running Windows. The Windows
version you are most likely running does not support SMP either. Most
likely the acronym you're looking for is CPU or RAM. If the computer keeps
rebooting your best bet is to take it to a local computer shop that you
can trust.

					Rick