Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:18:52 -0400
From:      "Scott Bogert" <scott.bogert@usa.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I am confused.

It says in the documentation that the boot floppy (which i have successfully
created) will get and set up the files automatically.  You can't mean from a
dial-up isp.  All the software for dialing the connection etc. couldn't fit
on one little floppy could it?  And if it could...you say that you need your
IP address, and that of your server (the dial-server?), if my IP address is
assigned by my server, then how could i know in advance what it is? (or will
all this be taken care of automattically by the software, seems i read
something to that effect).

If i knew what files to download to my windows HDD (I wish to install
FreeBDS on my second HDD) then i would be happy to do that.  looking at all
the files, directories, and subdirectories is somewhat overwhelming to a
novice like me.  I read (in a single sentence as a side note) that i should
grab the files bin/manpages/compat*/doc/src/ssys*.  if i stash that/those on
my c drive, will the boot floppy allow me to install them onto the D: drive?
(i am pretty sure the answer is yes...i thought i saw that as i made a dry
run thru the installation procedure, just making sure).  but will that/those
be enough to allow me to boot off of the D: drive (FreeBDS) and then dial
into my isp and then install the rest of the files from an ftp site?

your help would be most appreciated,  i am a student (though only learning
on my own now) and am trying to get some good hands on experience with using
(and in the future, programming) in a unix environment.

Thank You in Advance,
Scott Bogert