Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 01:14:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        gill@topsecret.net (James Gill), tomb@securify.com, andrewr@slack.net, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Secure-FreeBSD" Idea

In message <199908130431.OAA23238@cheops.anu.edu.au> Darren Reed writes:
: NetBSD's primarily goal is stability and portability although they seem
: to discover new security problems more often than OpenBSD people do. By
: that I mean problems which involve more than program X having a new buffer
: overflow problem.

Are you counting the hundreds of buffer overflows that OpenBSD fixed
to begin with?  I've seen many many many more buffer overflows from
OpenBSD than from NetBSD.

Warner