Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:46:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@blacksun.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crypto not compiling from source on 4.0

I am sure this is my problem (as I rarely have a problem with FreeBSD.
That said here is my issue:

I have recently done a 4.0-RELEASE install. When doing this install I
select "ALL" for the distribution type. Next, FreeBSD asks if I want DES
to which I select no. Next it asks if I am a USA Resident, I have tried
both options here. Finally it asks if I want the ports tree. When the
install completes the installation has _not_ installed OpenSSL or any of
the crypto utilities.

Fine, I screwed up by not explicitly selecting them. However, after a
cvsup (including the crypto sources) and a make world, I still do not have
the crypto utilities. The sources are in /usr/src/crypto (Do they need to
be moved? And if so, where?)

If I select the crypto distribution it will install correctly and I will
have the utilities but I am worried about why it is not being updated by a
make world.

/etc/make.conf has no options related to this other than the kerberos
options (not applicable here) and the USA_RESIDENT option which I have
tried both ways.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
-don