Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 01:43:08 +0000
From:      phj <phj@www.transfar.com>
To:        Bortek <bortek@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Su Problem

Bortek wrote:

> 'uname -a'
> FreeBSD myname.my.domain 2.2.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE #0: Wed Jul
> 22 08:48:29 GMT 1998
> root@builder.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
>
> Hi i have The Followin problem:
> When I run log on as a not root (simple user) and try to 'su', the su
> stops not asking a password just thinking, then i hace to ^C, to return
> to my shell, Why????????

I met the same problem as yours,but you won't meet it again if  you re-compileit
from the source file .Is there anything strange of  the origin su binary file ?I
  don't know.
I met this problem in FreeBSD-2.2.6 and FreeBSD-2.2.7 some days ago.
Could you tell me what the matter is if  anyone knew it .
thanks .