Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:48:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anthony DiPierro <dipierro5@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   maximum TCP connections

What is the overhead of a TCP connection on freebsd?
I need to support "lots" (how many is the question) of
connections to multiple different locations, while
noting disconnections (both graceful and ungraceful)
and connections.  I'd love to make the limiting factor
the amount of traffic (which will be low compared to
the number of connections), and I'm trying to figure
out if I should use generic TCP, UDP, or maybe a
hacked up version of TCP.

Feel free to tell me to RTFM, if you'd be so kind as
to tell me where the FM is.