Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:10:14 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Ian J Greely <ian@tirnanog.org>
Cc:        Manfred Usselmann <Usselmann.M@icg-online.de>, "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WYSIWYG word processor needed

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 01:59:34AM +0100, Ian J Greely wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification Manfred. I like this new model but it
> does concern me that the more profitable products will be those that
> fail the most. Umm...
>
> Out of interest has anyone actually configured it up? I tried on 3.2
> but went to bed when it started
> to complain of missing linux compatability modules...

Yes (on 3.3-stable). Search back through -questions archive. There
was a detailed post by someone a couple of weeks ago about how you
have to manually extract one of the .zip files on the CD to the HD
and then run ``ldconfig''. Then it can find the libs.

> I use in on Doze though... and I've stopped helping "family N friends"
> using Office now that there is an
> alternative I can get them running. :-)

 :)

> Great business move by Sun. Pity about the damn thing trying to take
> over the computer once it's installed.

If you mean running on the desktop (in Windows) then you can change
it. I think its "Integrated Desktop" in the "View" menu (or something
similar).

> regards,
> Ian

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.