Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:38:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GENERIC build broken

: .. Mike Smith writes ..
:I got dragged away yesterday before I could fix this properly; it
:actually requires a bit more finessing due to the way MFS creates a
:root-private instance of itself when it nominates itself as root.  I
:don't want to commit a half-baked fix, so I'm going to ask for a little
:forbearance and fix it properly this evening.

    If you can actually fix the MFS hacks that have been put in over the
    years to deal with root fs mounts a lot of people are going to be
    *very* happy with you!  It is certainly worth some temporary breakage.

    I am not happy at all with the rootfsid hacks I made a few months ago
    but I didn't have time to do anything about it at the time and I had
    to get BOOTP working again after someone left it broken for a couple
    of weeks.

						-Matt