Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:05:59 +0100
From:      "Javier Matos" <javierlu@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   problem with vidcontrol

Hello, I will explain my problem... I hope that someone can indicate me =
a possible solution... .

I was setting all necessary in my kernel to use resolutions like =
1024x768 or above and I add the next lines to my kernel

# Options to change console resolution
options    VESA
options    SC_PIXEL_MODE

The problem is that when I try to change to a graphic resolution like =
800x600x16, 1024x768x16 or 1280x1024x16 my computer hangs and the box =
sometimes start to make a continuous noise with the internal speaker.

I test that modes before format and install the OS because my previous =
HDD was broken.
When I use vidcontrol -i mode I can see that the modes that I try are =
supported by my hardware, modes like 273, 276, 279 and 282.
Before change my hard drive that modes were possible... why now they are =
not possible?