Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 09:05:57 -0500
From:      "Jim Couch" <jcouch@netdoor.com>
To:        "Free BSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   startkde not found

I uninstalled everything I could remember from the install that seemed to
knock KDE back into 1x and was finally allowed to uninstall kdebase.
After I login and type xinit the xserver starts but then kicks out with a
message of
exec startkde :not found
whenever I go to sysinstall and try to configure the desktop as kde (figured
that that would repalce the missing startkde) It logs in to the ftpserver,
reads the index and then kicks out as if KDE is already setup.....
I feel that if I could restore or find and get startkde pointed to that I
would have my old faithul Desktop back.....Where does Startkde belong and
which package does it come from???
How do I manually extract it and place It?
Thanks
Jim Couch