Date:      Tue, 08 Sep 1998 07:30:50 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ache@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: elm-2.4ME+43

At 05:53 PM 8/26/98 -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> * The latest port of ELM (v1.47) errors on 'make install' with:
> *
> * /bin/ln -f /usr/local/man/man1/frm.1.gz /usr/local/man/man1/nfrm.1.gz
> * ln: /usr/local/man/man1/frm.1.gz:  No such file or directory.
> * *** Error code 1
> *
> * And dies.
>
>The fix to this has just been committed to bsd.port.mk.  Please get
>the latest one and all shall be fine.

Not fine, just simplified. ;)

It wasn't bsd.port.mk, but a logic flaw fixed in v1.48 (1.49 works fine).

My question would be why the frm.1 manpage is handled different than the others, which is not the case with the original source.  Just curious, but I tried updating bsd.port.mk and then did some serious digging.  Is it just because there is a manpage for 'frm' and not for 'nfrm' due to it being only a link?

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net